Friday 25 November 2016

When's the last time you stood in line for a phone?

Phone line

Today's Black Friday, and people started lining up last night. Nothing too surprising, considering how crazy today's shopping can be, and many retailers keep trying to jump ahead of the online retailers by starting it even sooner. Big box retailers, from what I could see with random commercials I was forced to watch, started as early as 6:00pm last night.

So . . . Black Thursday?

I don't think that's new or anything, I'm sure businesses have been starting on Thursday for awhile now, but I've only ever gone Black Friday shopping once -- many years ago -- and that was at midnight proper.

Interestingly enough, I actually saw a picture of a line that was formed at a retail site across the bond, and it wasn't for the typical big box retailer. It was for the OnePlus 3T, the latest flagship release from OnePlus. The line was pretty long, in fact, and while I didn't see any smiling faces, I would imagine they were all pretty excited to get their hands on a new phone.

Lines aren't anything new in the grand scheme of things, especially for people who want iPhones at launch. I stood in a line three years ago because I lived in a city at the time, and knew it'd be rough trying to get my hands on the phone, so I bit the bullet and got there super early. Too early. I was first in line and about 15 people showed up.

Guess it helps when there are about 27 different carrier stores, plus a few Apple stores to boot, in the area.

That picture of folks standing in the line to get the new OnePlus phone, and thinking about all the lines that started forming last night for whatever, and I couldn't help but want to ask when the last time it was you stood in line to get a phone. Have you ever done it? Or do you prefer to wager the online order and hope you get that handset at launch? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2gJ3cke
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.