Tuesday 22 November 2016

Any specific gadgets you're looking for on Black Friday?

Nintendo NES Classic Edition

It's a holiday week in the United States, with Thanksgiving happening this Thursday. And while a lot of people are probably excited to meet with family, eat some food, and do whatever else they do on a holiday, some folks are probably already looking forward to what happens after the festivities die down.

And retailers know it, too. Like Walmart, for instance. Yesterday I saw an ad for the chain that said Black Friday deals start on Thursday -- at 6:00pm local time. It isn't a secret that Black Friday has become more ridiculous over the years, especially as online shopping has spiked, so retailers feel the need to start even earlier.

So much so that it starts on Thanksgiving. Which is ridiculous.

I've only ever gone Black Friday shopping once, and I wasn't even there for myself. I was tagging along with a friend, many, many years ago, and I walked out of the store unscathed, and without a single item. My friend on the other hand left with a cart full of stuff, so he was pretty happy.

This Black Friday is a bit different this time around. This year, there's something on my list that I might have a chance at getting if I'm willing to go out there and deal with the crowds. That would be Nintendo's NES Classic Edition. The little console that's packed with 30 digital old-school games. Games I grew up with, and titles that I think my kids would like to play on a little replica of that iconic home video game console.

My luck at trying to get one online, without paying an exorbitant amount of money has run dry at this point. I know that there's still time, technically, before the gift giving begins, but I want to avoid cutting it down to the wire if I can. If that means I have to get in a ridiculously long line for a real shot, well, I may just have to do that.

Retailers and manufacturers are promoting their Black Friday deals already, as we've seen, from phones, to accessories, to TVs, video game consoles, and just about everything in between. Even Apple is teasing something sale-related for November 25. So it got me wondering: Is there anything this year that you're willing to brave physical lines, or constantly hitting that refresh option in your web browser, to secure for the gift giving this year? Or even for yourself?

Has a deal, or product, caught your eye this year that you know you can get a discount on in just a few days? What is it? Or are you skipping Black Friday this year? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2fm9lhq
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.