Sunday 31 December 2017

Farewell from PhoneDog Anna!

PhoneDog Anna

It’s never easy to leave a job that has been good to you, even when you know it needs to be done. When I first started writing at PhoneDog in 2012, I had no idea what to expect. I had been a ghostwriter for a couple of years but had never consistently written for any one publication. I was excited because I loved mobile technology, but I was nervous because I didn’t know if I’d be able to convey that passion well enough into words. To be honest, sometimes I feel like I did; other times I go back and read some of the things I wrote and want to die.

Aside from the actual role of contributing editor, I loved working for PhoneDog because of the people. If I ever had a question or needed help, somebody was always around. The writers and managers at PhoneDog, past and present, are some of the nicest people I’ve had the pleasure of working with. They’ve worked with me through some trying times in my life, so it truly is a tough decision to leave.

With that being said, it is time for me to move on. Although I’m as surprised as anybody that I’ve been here for over 5 years (time flies), I always knew that PhoneDog was a temporary thing for me. I knew I wouldn’t be able to write about phones forever. Fortunately, within the past 5 years, I figured out what I wanted to do for a career and have been going to school to pursue a degree in the medical field. I’ve also developed a passion for volunteering.

I take away a lot from my time with PhoneDog, both positive and negative. It might seem like an easy job to write about phones all the time, especially if you’re passionate about the subject, but over the years it has become increasingly difficult to develop fresh opinions about mobile technology. I used to be able to write two articles a day, 5 days a week; lately, I’m lucky if I can write even one. Even then, I often feel like I’m grasping at straws. Then again, struggling with article ideas might be a side effect of having too much on my plate otherwise with another job, school, and a family to take care of.

On the plus side, I’ve developed a lot of good traits from the job. I’ve learned how to better multitask, manage my time, and work independently. I’ve had to develop a thicker skin and realize that I’m not always right and that it’s okay to make mistakes and own up to them. I’m pretty sure that’s all just a part of growing up, but I also think that writing for PhoneDog has helped with those aspects as well.

I want to thank the readers for reading my articles, whether you liked them or not. I appreciated the feedback I received, much of which put things into perspective for me and helped me become a better writer. I hope you’ll continue to support the content creators of this site as they are good people and put a lot of work into their content, whether it’s in written or video form.

Finally, I’d like to leave some parting nuggets wisdom:

Be Excellent To Each Other

I hope you all have a happy new year full of tons of cool tech, good times, and happy feelings!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2lt2HLV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.