Friday 22 December 2017

Did you buy a Microsoft Surface device this year?

Microsoft Surface Pro

Microsoft has had a bit of a resurgence in terms of hardware over the last few years. The company kicked things off with the Surface tablet several years ago, and since then we've seen new devices join the ranks, including the Surface Book and the Surface Laptop. There are options out there, and you can find one to reach a price point without looking too hard. Deals and promos help out, too.

A friend of mine was recently asking me what kind of computer he should get, and asked if he should pick up a new MacBook or a Surface tablet. When it comes to recommending anything, I stick to the basics: Tell them what I like about what I'm using at the time, and then tell them to try out whatever it is they might be considering. After all, we probably don't have the same use cases.

Another pal is picking up a new Surface Book early next year, and he's super excited about it.

I've tried a Surface tablet just about every year, and more often than not I am happy with the time I've spent with the hardware. I haven't really been a fan of the fact the Surface Keyboards have been sold separately, but that's just the nature of it -- and make sense now that Surface Books and Laptops exist.

But I didn't give it a shot this year because Microsoft also kicked the Surface Pen out of the box, too. That, and I've just accepted the fact that the apps I use on a regular basis just aren't available on the Windows desktop, so I've gotta just stop trying (for now).

A quick check on the Microsoft Store shows that you can get a Microsoft Surface Pro for only $799 right now, and that isn't the base model. That's a savings of $200 -- so pretty steep! I can definitely see quite a few people picking up that option. It's tempting, to say the least. You can save $200 on a Surface Laptop, too, if you were so inclined.

With 2017 about to close out, I want to know if any of Microsoft's new Surface devices convinced you to pick one up, and, if so, which one did you go with and why? If you bought a new Windows-based PC this year, and you opted out of going with a Surface device, why'd you go that route? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2kLi2rd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.