Tuesday 26 December 2017

Did you give or receive a device for the holidays?

Apple iPad

All around the globe, yesterday was a day of giving and receiving. And as we've seen over the years, technology proves to be a go-to option for the popular gift. Whether it's a video game console, a fitness tracker, or even a tablet or a smartphone, devices have a way of finding their way to the top of folks' lists. Of course, even toys are getting a lot smarter, with robots and internet-connected creations go-to options.

Last year I didn't pick up too many gadgets. I got a Google Home for my mom, and despite the fact she wasn't a fan of the idea to start it's now something she uses every day. Otherwise, the majority of my gift giving was just regular ol' toys that were on the important lists.

This year was a bit different. I got my mom a Google Home Mini (again, she wasn't a fan of the idea but I have no doubt she's going to be using it all the time, too). I also got her a Roku Express set-top streaming device, which replaced her original Roku set-top box. I picked up one of the base model iPads so that it could be used as a FaceTime device and educational tool for my little ones.

I bought an Xbox One S for a nephew -- only to get up-staged by his mom who got him an Xbox One X. (I really should've coordinated a bit better, clearly.) There were a few gift cards that I'm sure will be used to get devices, too.

I saw a few pictures on social media showing off a variety of people getting different smartphones for the holidays. Huge smiles usually accompanying smartphones with huge displays. Just a quick spot check I can see at least one iPhone 8, a Galaxy Note 8, and a couple with a new Pixel and Pixel 2 XL for their daily drivers.

I saw plenty of iPads out there, too, which isn't too surprising to me. A tablet is an easy gift. Technically powerful and transportable, with the ability to be used for a variety of reasons (like games and education).

Oh, and I saw one iPod Touch. That brought me way back to when I received my first iPod as a gift. Not a Christmas present or anything, but if that kid was as happy as I was back then, I'm sure his holiday was made.

I want to hear from you, though. Was this holiday season ripe with technological devices for you and your family? If so, what devices did you gift this year? Or what did you end up receiving? Did you gift a smartphone or tablet? Video game console? Smartwatch? Smart speaker? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2BUgHc6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.