Wednesday 27 December 2017

Are you playing HQ Trivia?

HQ Trivia

When it comes to experiences on mobile devices, games seem to bring in a lot of attention if they're able to rise to the top of the pile and gain attention. Titles like Crossy RoadMonument Valley and Alto's Adventure come to mind, but there are also culture-shifting things like Clash of Clans and Candy Crush that managed to rake in a ton of downloads and conversations.

I'm not here to talk about windows of exclusivity, at least not specifically. There is one game that has garnered a lot of talk lately that is currently only available on iOS and it's called HQ Trivia. I'm sure you have heard of it by now. It has been available for the mobile operating system for a bit of time now, and it has a ridiculous number of users.

All of these folks tune into the game at a set date and time. As the official Twitter account points out, games are played on the weekdays at 3:00 PM ET and every day of the week at 9:00 PM ET. One of the biggest draws here appears to be the fact that you can win actual money if you're able to make it to the final round.

I love trivia games. I go out with friends on a semi-regular basis to play at one of our favorite restaurants. And if you had an Xbox 360 several years ago, then you could have joined in on a ridiculously fun game called 1 vs 100, which was a live trivia gameshow that was just a ton of fun. I miss that game almost every day. So I figured I'd check out HQ Trivia not too long ago.

At this point, I've sat in on one game and I just haven't found my way back. That isn't a knock on the game by any means. I think it's really well made, the host is overzealous and fun to watch, and the competitive spirit is definitely there. Boosted by that cash prize, of course. The app is still on my phone, but I just haven't tuned back in yet.

Now, HQ Trivia is in a limited beta for Android, with a planned wide launch set for Monday, January 1. HQ Trivia already has a lot of users on iOS, but I imagine the free app is going to get hammered once it arrives on Android. Fingers crossed they are able to make that launch date.

So, have you tuned in to play HQ Trivia yet? If you have, how regularly do you play the game? What's the closest you've come to winning the prize? If you are on Android, are you planning on joining in on the fun as soon as it arrives? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2DZBUP0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.