Tuesday 12 December 2017

Budget-Friendly Tech Accessory Gift Guide

holiday gifts

No matter how prepared I think I am when it comes to holiday shopping, I always seem to have last-minute shopping I still need to get done. It’s almost halfway through December and I’m still looking for the right present for a few people. Unfortunately, the people left on my list have little or no interest in techie gifts, which is kind of a bummer because that’s kind of my thing. But just because my loved ones wouldn’t be interested doesn’t mean that yours aren’t! So if you’re still looking for a great gift for a family, friend, co-worker, or secret Santa, check out this list of budget-friendly accessory ideas!

6 or 10-ft. charging cable (starting at ~$7)

10-foot charging cable

It’s ridiculous how much a long charging cord has benefited my life over the past year, and I wish I would have invested in one sooner. Typically less than $10 for reputable brands, extended charging cords make excellent gifts for anybody (as long as you know what type of charger their phone takes, that is). It’s basically the gift you didn’t know you needed. In fact, I didn’t actually need an extended charging cord when I first bought it. After I moved, however, I found out that the nearest outlet was much farther away from my bed than I would have anticipated. The long cord finally proved its worth. It’s also nice being able to charge your phone without worrying about ripping it right out of the socket. Works great as a standalone present or a stocking stuffer.

Portable Battery Pack (starting at ~$7)

battery pack

Battery packs are for sale pretty much everywhere, but you might be surprised how many of your friends and family don’t have one of their own – and maybe they’ve never actually needed one. Still, there’s a certain peace of mind that comes with knowing that if you’re ever in a pickle when it comes to battery life, you’re covered with a handy dandy battery pack. A lot of them even come with an included charging cable so you don’t have to carry around a spare with you, and they come in many shapes and sizes. I personally use the Anker PowerCore 10000, which gets my phone through about two charges before needing to be recharged itself.

Xiaomi Dual Mi Hybrid Earphones ($25)

Xiaomi Mi headphones

I purchased this pair of headphones for myself earlier this year when I accidentally vacuumed my free in-the-box headphones from my Samsung Galaxy S7. It had been a long time since I purchased a pair of headphones instead of just using whatever came in the box, but I was really impressed with the quality of these headphones, especially considering their price. They sound fantastic, are fully functional with a volume rocker and built-in microphone, and they’re really good at blocking out external sounds. I haven’t used any of the headphones I’ve received from using other smartphones since.

Anker SoundCore Bluetooth Speaker ($24)

Anker SoundCore Bluetooth speaker

I was never a big Bluetooth speaker user until I bought this SoundCore speaker earlier this year. Before it, I was using a little portable speaker that could clip on to backpacks or whatever, which was great for using a speaker on-the-go when I needed to. The only downside to that speaker was that the battery life was pretty bad. I bought the red SoundCore speaker on a whim when it was on sale for $27 (just a few bucks cheaper than it is now, but the black one is even cheaper at $23.95 at the time this article was written) and it’s one of my favorite accessory purchases this year.

The battery is long-lasting, the sound is loud and clear, and the automation of the product (turning off after 10 minutes if no devices are connected) are much-appreciated. It’s small enough to be “portable” but hefty enough to be a solid fixture wherever you decide to put it. I’ve used it indoors and outdoors, and it’s always a hit wherever it goes. There is a newer version available as well, but I’m perfectly happy with this last generation model.

Finger Ring Holders (~$9, pack of four)

smartphone ring holder stand

I’ve never owned one of these personally, but they’re apparently a hot commodity with the youth today. They work as a grip for your phone or a stand, and they often come with several in a package, so another great stocking stuffer idea for the clumsy smartphone users in your life! 

Google Play or iTunes Gift Cards

Google Play iTunes gift cards

If nothing else, you can always gift Google Play or iTunes gift cards. They’re great for people who play mobile games or just want to shop around for premium apps, or even for renting movies, buying music, or continuing a Google Play Music/Apple Music subscription. There are a lot of digital goodies that these cards are good for.

Readers, have you purchased any tech gifts this holiday season? If so, which gifts would you recommend?



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2nSgpeZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.