Thursday 22 December 2016

What was your favorite Android phone of 2016?

Google Pixel

We're about to close the books on 2016, and, like many years before this one, there were a lot of great pieces of technology to get excited about. From Android, to iOS, BlackBerry, and other accessories, the year was jam packed with a ton of things worth spending money on.

I was certainly not shy about picking up the devices and gadgets that caught my eye. I missed a few, whether that was in part because I just couldn't swing it at launch, or because I wasn't all that interested in the product in general, I wasn't able to get my hands on everything -- or even as much as I would have liked.

Still, my time with technology this year only had a few hiccups, where I would have preferred to have just skipped the device altogether, rather than hand over any of my attention. On the other side of the coin, the overwhelming majority of smartphones launched this year were pretty fantastic, and we're clearly living in an embarrassment of riches, when it comes to that specific market.

Honestly, the Galaxy Note 7 was one device I wish I hadn't given any of my time.

Not because it was a bad phone, mind you. Actually, the complete opposite. In the short time I used the Galaxy Note 7 as my daily driver, I was a happy camper. The phone's display was gorgeous to look at, as was the rest of the device. Samsung's software still leaves me wanting more from the company, but I can also admit that they have come a long way, and there isn't a lot to dislike with it anymore.

But, it wasn't meant to be. It's well documented at this point that, ultimately, the Galaxy Note 7 was destined to get pulled from shelves, recalled twice, and then ultimately discontinued. If it weren't for the potential to explode, I think the Galaxy Note 7 would have been my favorite phone of the year.

But, that title now goes to Google and its Pixel lineup of smartphones.

I was lucky enough to get to use both models, and they're both fantastic. The Pixel XL is actually the phone that convinced me I can finally make the switch to big phones and that I'll (probably) be okay with it. The camera is ridiculously good, the software optimized, and Google's first real attempt at launching a smartphone, as far as I'm concerned, was a home run.

More than all of that, though, is Google's new commitment to Android, its own hardware, and as a result the entire mobile market. Google's new roadmap, with Assistant, and the Pixel phones and tablets, makes it a real contender all on its own, without considering Android by itself. I love where Google appears to be going, and with the Pixel being the first effort, it's already starting out strong.

What about you? What was your favorite phone of 2016, and why? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2hgM3iV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.