Monday 26 June 2017

Do you still use an E-reader?

Amazon Kindle

While I'm an early adopter for a lot of different products, even smart speakers, there are just some pieces of technology that I haven't been too keen on picking up right away. The iPhone itself, for instance, is one of those things that would fall into the latter category. I didn't pick up one of those until the iPhone 3GS.

Avoiding being an early adopter usually means you come up with a reason not to buy into something. That may just come down to not wanting to spend the money at the time, or even coming up with other reasons, like maybe just not "seeing the point" yet. It all comes down to personal situations, of course, even when it comes down to not seeing the point.

Sure, it might be a perfect device for someone else, but maybe it isn't for you (yet).

That's how E-readers were for me right out of the gate. The benefits were obvious, just like the transition from CD players to MP3 players: Storing a ton more content in one place. Instead of just being able to bring one book, or two, maybe three, you could bring dozens. And yet I was just a fan of books, turning pages and all that. I wasn't really keen on bringing dozens of different titles with me at any given moment, just because I didn't ever plan on reading that many at once, anyway.

I own a Kindle these days, but I couldn't tell you which version or variant it is, and I honestly don't know how many times I've used it. I know that I finished a series of books on it, though, and there are several different digital books saved on it. My Kindle library is not a barren wasteland by any means.

But I've typically just reserved that experience for my phone. I think I held out long enough that the apps from Amazon, and even Apple's and Google's own efforts, are simply good enough. Plus, phone displays have gotten better, and bigger, which is a nice bonus -- especially for someone who wasn't always a fan of big smartphones. Not that the apps had to improve in any major ways, of course.

I also don't remember the last time that I saw an actual E-reader out in the wild, either. I see a lot of iPads, though. Just recently I was at the DMV and I couldn't help but take note of the people who were reading a physical book, and those who propped up an iPad. Now, I have no idea if they were actually reading a book on the tablet, but considering how infrequently they were using the display, other than to swipe in one direction, well, I took it as a safe bet.

But it got me wondering if you, or anyone you know, still carries around an E-reader. Or ever has used one, for that matter. Are you like me and just use your phone, or do you prefer an E-reader when you're reading? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2rVupCr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.