Thursday 19 January 2017

Are you still playing Super Mario Run?

Super Mario Run

It has been over a month since Super Mario Run launched for iOS. This wasn't Nintendo's first experience on mobile devices, not technically, but it was the company's first real mobile game, and the first of many that includes different high-profile characters from Nintendo's ridiculously large stable of options.

It's an endless runner that can be played with one hand, and, after a month with the title, I can say that it's pretty fun. It isn't as in-depth as some titles, even free-to-play offerings, but it does the job in killing time when you need it. Being able to quickly run through a level on my own, or play the asynchronous multiplayer Rally, has left me smiling more than it has left me frustrated.

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely some frustrating parts.

But, all-in-all, I think Super Mario Run is a solid title in its own right. Is it worth the $10 Nintendo is charging for it? That will depend on a case-by-case basis, but I think I can safely say that I've certainly played $10 worth of content, and I've enjoyed the vast majority of my time spent in this vision of the Mushroom Kingdom.

However, I think the honeymoon stretch has ended, because over the last couple of weeks, I've realized that I haven't gone out of my way to play it like I did before. For the first couple of weeks that the game was available, it was really the only game I was playing on my phone or tablet. I was working to get every single coin in every level, and then it was all about Rally, and beating those paper cutouts to convince more Mushroom Kids to move into my kingdom.

I've decorated the Mushroom Kingdom as much as I'd like to at this point, so convincing people to move into it doesn't seem all that interesting anymore. And, in all honesty, some of the levels in Rally are just not fun to play. And the ones that were really fun to play? Well, they're actually too easy at this point. Losing doesn't happen all that often, so there's no real competition or difficulty.

Still, my time with the game has dropped significantly, but I'm still playing it on a regular basis. I launch the game at least once to play a few rounds, but I'm not sticking with it for as long in each play session, and I've gone back to older games.

So I'm curious to hear from you. If you brought Super Mario Run, are you still playing it as often, or for as long, as you were right after launch? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2jQ6dgY
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.