Wednesday 25 October 2017

Do you do your mobile gaming on the Nintendo Switch?

Nintendo Switch

The launches of the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 may have ruined me for being an early adopter of video game consoles. The consoles themselves are great (or were great, since they've both seen iterative new versions), but the library of games available at launch weren't that great. I could only take so many remastered versions of games that I had played pretty recently on previous generation consoles.

That's probably why I haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase of a Nintendo Switch yet, despite wanting one. The Switch isn't cheap, so I've been waiting to get my hands on one until there are quite a few different games that I want to play on the console. The brutal irony here is wanting to buy a not-cheap device just because I want to spend even more money on content, which is always fun.

Whatever the case may be, I haven't picked up a Nintendo Switch yet, despite knowing I'd have a ton of fun with it.

But I see a lot of talk about the Switch in my Twitter feed on a pretty regular basis. Unsurprisingly, there's a lot of love for the mobile nature of the console. Being able to play a Zelda game on the road --a proper, full-fledged title-- is pretty nice, to be fair. And when games like Mario Odyssey arrive, that wow factor goes up a bit higher.

I don't have a lot of reason to own a Switch when it comes down to just the mobile part of it. I don't do a lot of traveling anymore. But there's a certain smartphone launch coming up next week that has me wondering if a Switch might not be the perfect way to kill some time as I wait in line (because I have no other choice but to wait in line, or I'd be doing just about anything else, believe me).

I could probably live with the hours I'd spend navigating Link in a digital world, and whatever other games might be out there, like Splatoon 2, to justify buying the console at this point. And I know two people who would love to play some Mario Kart on the thing. But it's hard to deny the fact that the only reason I'm really thinking about the Switch at all is because I'll need something to kill time, and the iPad might not cut it. I can only play a mobile game for so long -- especially when so many of them artificially limit your play time.

But, I wanted to get your opining on the Switch as a mobile gaming unit, mostly. If you've picked one up, have you primarily used it as a console to play while you're out and about? Whether that's on a long trip or just when you make a commute. Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2yNTUvp
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.