Wednesday 28 March 2018

Are you using an Android Wear smartwatch?

Moto 360

I don't know about you, but when I'm out in public I have a tendency to try and pick out devices. Many years ago it was all about just picking out smartphones, trying to find that rare device out in a sea of same-old, same-old. But now that search can include smartwatches, and with so many different options out there, it can be fun trying to figure out what, if any, brands are out there in your neck of the woods.

I don't see a lot of smartwatches, to be honest. When I do, it's usually an Apple Watch. The square design definitely stands out, but I will say that it's usually a band that makes the wearable stand out. The third-party options for bands for Apple's smartwatch are pretty incredible, and seeing a band with bright colors or eye-catching designs is definitely the norm.

Of course, Apple has been stocking its first-party options pretty well, too.

Last week, I saw a smartwatch out in the wild that I haven't seen in quite some time: the Moto 360. I don't know which version of the wearable it was -- it wasn't close enough to really pick out any specific details -- but I could easily tell it was Motorola's hardware effort thanks to that round case and "flat tire" design.

It was a nice looking watch! I remember I had seen more than a few out in the wild a few years ago, but, up until last week, I'm not sure that I had seen one since. It was pretty cool to see the device actually being used, too.

Seeing that Moto 360 out in the wild, and in light of Google trying to rejuvenate the smartwatch effort with the rebranding of Android Wear to Wear OS, got me thinking. Add to the fact that if I do see a smartwatch it's usually an Apple Watch, I wanted to reach out to all of you and find out if you are using an Android Wear smartwatch.

More to the point, though, I'm really curious if you've stuck with the wearable brand for quite a while, or if you've recently jumped on the smartwatch bandwagon. If you are part of the former, which smartwatch, or smartwatches, have you used over the years, and which one(s) have you stuck with? And if you're part of the latter group, which smartwatch did you opt to pick up, and why?

Are you excited to see how Wear OS shakes things up for Google's smartwatch lineup? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts https://ift.tt/2GmcID5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.