Tuesday 16 January 2018

Which app do you use the most on your phone?

Spotify

I can still remember back in the old days when I used a phone to call people. Even when I had my first cell phone, it was primarily used for making calls. Texting was a thing, but I was slow to jump on that bandwagon. Plus, it was a prepaid plan I was on at the time, and texting just wasn't worth it.

Now, all these years later, I don't remember the last time I used my smartphone as a way to talk to someone in a phone call. I get a lot of phone calls that I ignore. And, in some cases, I'll ignore a call, wait awhile, then reply to that person in a text message.

Basically, if I don't have to talk on the phone, I'll do what I can to avoid it.

Which means I've, like so many other people, have found alternatives. Thanks to digital app stores, we have plenty to choose from. Messaging apps, social networks, and whatever else is out there. And then there's still the standard text message, Apple's iMessage, and so on and so forth. Apps have made communicating so much easier. But they've also made so many other things easier, too.

Checking our bank accounts. Checking the weather. Playing a quick game. Listening to a podcast or music. Reading the news. Reading a book. If you want to get distracted on your phone, the choices are seemingly endless.

I have a lot of space on my phone, but I tend to lean that way because I take a lot of photos and videos. I have visions where I'll have a lot of apps installed on my phone, but that's never really the case. I might try a lot out, but, eventually, I'll remove most of them. A few games, a lot of writing apps, messaging apps, a few apps to read content, and maybe three social networking apps at most.

I want to say that the app I used most on my phone is one of those writing apps, or maybe the app I use to read books. I definitely don't want to say that the most used app on my phone is a Twitter app, but, I'm pretty sure it is. Tweetbot gets the crown, but I can also say that I think it has to share the throne with Spotify. After all, in most situations if I'm able, I'm listening to music more often than not.

Every time I'm with a friend of mine, and when they've got their phone out, they are on Facebook. The app's instantly recognizable on its own, but I'm confident that the social networking app is probably the biggest drain on their battery by far. I can't for the life of me figure out what they could possibly be looking at all the time -- my Facebook wall is just a bunch of garbage videos and ads -- but that's what they're constantly scrolling through.

So I can't help but be curious. I wonder if social networks, like Twitter or Facebook, are the safest bets when it comes to our most-used apps. Then again, ephemeral messaging services like Snapchat might be high up there these days. But that's what I want to find out from you.

What is the app, or apps, you use the most on your phone? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2rdPKLu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.