Tuesday 17 July 2018

Do you carry an eReader?

Amazon Kindle

When you get a new phone, there's always that bit of time you carve out when setting up the new device to make sure you have your must-have apps, carried over from the handset you're leaving. That process has gotten easier over the years, thankfully, but sometimes it can still be a manual effort, going back through the Play Store or App Store to pick and choose which apps you want moving forward.

Considering how often I transition between devices, and platforms, I've grown accustomed to just handling it on my own. It helps that I don't really rely on a ton of different apps, so the process is pretty quick even if it isn't automated. Over the years I know which apps I'm going to bring over right away, and which ones I can probably wait on, and download only when there's a specific reason to do so.

Amazon's Kindle app is one of those apps that gets installed right away.

That's still the case today, even though I can admit I've been on a bit of a reading hiatus over the last couple years. It pains me to say that, but up until very recently I hadn't bought a new book in quite some time. But that's starting to change, thankfully, and I'm jumping back on the bandwagon.

(If you've read something that you've really enjoyed recently, please let me know in the comments so I can check it out myself. I just finished The Cabin At The End of The World by Paul Tremblay and it was great.)

I've used my phone as my go-to reading device for quite some time, mostly because my Kindle e-Reader won't turn on anymore and I haven't felt the need to buy a new one. And while I have an iPad, I just don't use it for reading because I find it too big. I'd still be using an iPad mini if Apple hadn't let that model languish in the background.

I don't think I have ever seen a Kindle, or even a NOOK (remember those? Barnes and Noble still makes them!), out in the wild in many years. I do still see a lot of physical books, though. And I know some people who refuse to go digital for their reading and still carry a physical book with them wherever they go "just in case".

Some eReaders are pretty expensive, too. Some of those Kindle options out there right now retail for well over $100, which honestly seems pretty crazy to me. But depending on how much you read, I can understand not wanting to gobble up precious battery life for your daily driver. But while I'm finally getting back into reading (feels so strange to say that), I think my phone will handle the brunt of the work just fine.

How often do you read, and how do you consume the content? Do you prefer reading on your smartphone, a tablet, or a dedicated e-Reader? Or do you carry a physical book with you more often than not? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts https://ift.tt/2uH7GwC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.