Friday 23 February 2018

What's your favorite mobile game?

Alto's Odyssey

It’s been a long time since the original Snake on old brick phones, and yet I can’t help but remember those times fondly. I played a lot of Brick Breaker back then. Probably more than Snake, honestly. I loved that game. Especially when I got my hands on a BlackBerry with that track wheel on the side.

So many hours spent breaking digital bricks.

One of the benefits of getting better smartphones is that our games have gotten a lot better, too. Not to take anything away from those old school games or anything, but the titles we have to choose from now are pretty fantastic.

There is a lot of promotional material that suggests our mobile games have reached “console level graphics”, and that’s probably true — if we don’t count current consoles. But, honestly, that’s not really here nor there.

I actually want to talk about the games themselves, and find out which titles have been your favorites over the years. We have had so many to choose from, especially with the digital storefronts like the App Store and the Play Store to offer them up. We have even had console ports, which, at least in some cases, have actually not been awful.

In fact, two of my favorite games on mobile have been console ports. Bastion and Transistor are two fantastic titles. (They both also offer spectacular original soundtracks, which I definitely recommend giving a listen to.) They aren’t quick titles, and offer a rich story, and I’ve loved going back to them.

As for the faster options, the games that can kill just a few minutes of time, Alto’s Adventure is still one of the best in my opinion. Also, Alto’s Odyssey just came out and it’s every bit as good, if not better, than the original.

Capcom recently launched Puzzle Fighter, which has been one of my favorite titles for years so I was happy to see it launch on mobile. It has a pesky waiting period for a lot of things, but that’s fine.

My go-to game has been Crossy Road for years now and I don’t think that’s going to change any time soon. It’s always fun to try and get a new high score, especially with all the different characters there are.

But what about you? What mobile games have you played, or still play, that are your favorites? Which game or games do you keep going back to? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2HJ63nw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.