Tuesday 12 December 2017

Are you happy with your smartphone's battery life?

Apple iPhone X

Before the iPhone X launched back in November, a friend of mine was asking me what I thought the battery life would be like. He was using an iPhone 6S at the time and, according to his daily routine, he couldn't get through a normal's day of usage before he had to charge up. He was trying to decide between the iPhone 8 and the X, and he wasn't sure he wanted to spend the extra money if he wasn't going to get a discernible difference in battery life.

While I had used an iPhone 8 by that time, I hadn't gotten my hands on the iPhone X just yet, so I obviously couldn't really tell him how the two devices compared. I told him that he'd get better battery life compared to his current situation, which he expected. I told him to think back when he first got his phone and how good, or bad, the battery life was then and he could probably expect slightly better than that with Apple's new smartphone.

He decided to go with the X, after we discussed the OLED display and how that would help carve out some extra minutes in the long run, too.

So he's had his phone since November 3, now over a month, and he's pretty happy with the results. He still charges his phone every day, but he does so at the end of it, and he's not rushing to find a charger, either. He hasn't been impacted by the several different iOS updates that Apple has released since the flagship phone's launch, either, which is good news.

I haven't used a phone with a removable battery in so long that I can barely remember what life was like back then. And, even when I did use phones that allowed for that sort of thing, I never carried an extra battery around with me. I've been lucky in this department across devices and platforms.

Yes, some have lasted longer than others, but I honestly can't remember using a phone that had me scrambling to juice up its battery before I was in a good place to do so. I'll have to knock on some wood after this article posts.

I'm curious to hear what device you're using these days as your daily driver, and how you feel about the smartphone's battery life. Are you happy, overall, with its performance? Do you have to charge multiple times a day? Or do you have a battery case attached to it just to make sure it gets through your busy schedule? Let me know!



from PhoneDog.com - Latest videos, reviews, articles, news and posts http://ift.tt/2B7GuvL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

    Popular Posts

    Powered by Blogger.

    Pages

    About

What they says

© 2013 techmobile. WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.